France is an amazing destination in Europe; it offers a lot of scope for students who prefer to study in the country and gain fine knowledge. This country has a long standing history of catering to the needs of students from distant lands. Few of its universities have ancient origin. France Education is well-known throughout the world as it incorporates contemporary teaching methodologies provides a good foundation in the form of best teaching faculty. So, if you plan to Study in Abroad, France is one of the best options which you can consider for overseas education.
France Student Visa
If you belong to the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you do not need a student visa as travel document in the form of a valid passport would suffice. For a student belonging to any other foreign nation, it is a mandatory requirement to hold France Student Visa while entering the country.
France Student Visa and Permits
- Short stay student visa- This visa is issued for study programs less than three months duration. If you have this visa, you do not require a separate work permit. It is applicable mostly for language courses and short-term study programs. However, it cannot be extended.
- Visa for appearing in entrance exams- With the help of this visa you can enter France and appear for the entrance exam in a higher education institution. After clearing the exam, you become eligible for a one-year renewable residence permit.
What does it allow to do?
- Long stay visa- If your study program extends for more than six months, you need to apply for this visa. It acts as a resident permit and is called VLT-TS visa.
France Student Visa Requirements
In order to apply for France Student Visa you need to meet certain requirements:-
- Official acceptance on the letter head of the French institution
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Return tickets as evidence to show your intention of returning to the home country at the end of the course
- Medical insurance amounting to a minimum of Euros 30,000
- Proof of Accommodation
Top Universities To Study in France
- École Normale Superieure, Paris (ENS Paris)
- École Polytechnique (ParisTech)
- Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC)
- Université Paris-Sud 11
- Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7)
The tuition fees at France’s Universities are alike for domestic and international students and are considered as among the lowest in the world.